Monday, December 4, 2017

Let the decorating begin...


Hi UmWowStudio Fans....
DECEMBER IS HERE....
let the decorating begin!

I began my wall hanging with
UmWowStudio chippie
Holly and Berries

Now, when I was digging around in my
I found the above chippie and thought
it looked a like a Poinsettia...
so I transformed it into one!

I mixed Clear Modeling Paste with Roses are Red Glam
(i have a video HERE if you'd like more info)
and applied it to my Holly and Berries Chippie


When it was dry I painted on just a bit more Glam!


I then created a banner background using
two different size Canvas Garland
and 2 jute tassels.
which I altered using Distress Oxide.
(looks sooo much like it's tea stained)


I then chose a branch and
sewed the garland onto the branch.


I found a bit of vintage lace and
sewed it to my canvas banner.
My poinsettia was a bit to shiny
for my likin' so I painted on a bit of Crazing.
Now here is the best part.....
When the Crazing was dry, I flipped the poinsettia
over and spritz the chipboard with water
and let it sink in!
Then formed the chipboard petals.
I just LOVE UmWowStudio chippies
for this reason. They are so malleable.
And as I always say....nature isn't flat!


I painted some paper leaves with Lime Cordial Glam
and when dry I added a bit of Crazing.


I created a few curly q's with some
paper covered wire.


I painted the berries with white paint and 
added a bit of white Prills.

Here is the completed project.



I just love the rustic jingle bells I added!


I did my holiday decorating yesterday and
this beauty is hanging on the front door.

Are you creating any
new Christmas Decorations this season?


Other Products Used:
Canvas Corp
Canvas Garland 2" & 3"

Tattered Angels
Lime Cordial ~ Glimmer Glam
Roses are Red ~ Glimmer Glam

The Crafter's Workshop
Clear Modeling Paste

Ranger Ink
Vintage Photo ~ Distress Oxide
Crazing ~ Distress Medium

8 comments:

  1. Very rustic indeed.. 💜💜💜💜💜 Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you Miss Miko! Glad you enjoyed my creation!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Lynne ! thanks for sharing it, and for explanations ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely vintage hanging! I love the muslin...so elegant.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BUNCHES Kate! so glad you enjoyed my Rustic Poinsettia Hanging!!!

      Delete