Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Spring has SPRUNG!



The trees are sporting their baby leaves.
The animals are titterpated and

the birds are busy building their nests.
And FINALLY the sun has come out!

So, I thought embellishing a
Birdhouse would be apropos!
I began by covering my entire birdhouse
with white gesso.


I then cut paper to fit the sides of the birdhouse.


I then pulled out my
UmWowStudio Damask Stencil
and applied a bit of texture medium 
through it.


When dry, I adhered the papers
to my birdhouse.
I spritzed my birdhouse and a bit of 
vintage ric rack with a mist.


I applied a layer of texture medium to
a chippie for the
UmWowStudio Floral Collection
and then colored it with a bit o glam and mist.



I accented the
UmWowStudio Button Mash
with a bit of glam.


 I had covered the roof with pieces of
decorative wood but I felt it needed something more.

So, I pulled out my
UmWowStudio ~ Grid stencil
and applied a bit of texture medium through it.


When dry I spritzed it all with a bit of mist.


Now, you know my birdhouse needed to
say something.
So, I chose a stamp, stamped it,
cut it out.


Here are a few closeups of my finished Birdhouse.


Do you see the little piece of the
UmWowStudio ~ Grid Border??



I hope you enjoyed my piece of Spring....


Other Products Used:
Tattered Angels
Glimmer Mist
Crushed Shells
Taffy

Glimmer Glam
Just Peachy

7gypsiesArchitextures 8 x 8 paper pad

Yvonne Blair Designs/Impression Obsession
Everyday Quotes

The Crafter's WorkshopLight and Fluffy
White Gesso

Perfect Paints
Polishing Plaster
Apricot Lily
Sunwashed Clay

1 comment: