Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Struggle was REAL by Lynne

Hi UmWowStudio Fans.....


Have you ever started a project "greatly inspired"
to have your inspiration peter away and leave you 
STRUGGLING!

Well.....this was one of those projects!
I wanted to play along with this month's

I just LOVED the mood board...
the colors...
the birch tree....
the tree branch....
I COULDN'T WAIT to get started!!


I pulled out my bag of Birch Bark
(NONE of the Birch Bark was removed from a live tree!!)
....a few twigs,
a bit of cream colored fabric
(which I never used)
....an old paper bag
and a 6" x 12" Natural Canvas.


I tore the paper bag to size,
spritzed it with water and manhandled it!
Then, I adhered it to my canvas with Multi Medium Matte.


I applied Polishing Plaster through my
UmWowStudios
Then, I pulled out my bag of UmWowStudio's
Alphas One
and applied them in cluster's
adhered with Multi Medium Matte.


When dry, I created a 50/50 mixture
of Glaze Medium and Gesso,
brushed it on my canvas,
waited a minute then wiped it off with baby wipes
until I achieved my desired look!


I was LOVING my canvas....
THEN.....
I added a layer of Glaze Medium and Aged Copper,
....and the struggle began!
I adhered Birch pieces to my canvas...
I struggled....
I splattered on various Glimmer Mists...
I struggled more!
Finally....I had to stop.
So...I decided to take my creation out to the fence
to photograph my creation...
to get a BETTER look at it!


Did I save it??? By adding....
chicken wire
and
UmWowStudio

I dabbed various fall colors, on the chippie leaves,
inspired by the leaves in the mood board
then I shaped the leaves.



I colored a piece of seam binding with various Glimmer Mists
and wrapped it around my canvas
along with a piece of unraveled jute.

Do you see the various hearts nestled in the background??
UmWowStudio



....so there you have it!!

Hope you have enjoyed my struggle....
because it was real!

Other Products Used:
Tattered Angels ~ Glimmer Mist
Candy Corn
Marshmallow
Barn Red
Woven Burlap
Precious Metal

Canvas Corp
6"x12" Natural Canvas
Perfect Paints ~ Shimmering Matte Acrylic
Rain Slicker
Cantaloupe
Spring Green
Aged Copper
Perfect Glaze Medium

Petaloo
Ruffled Rose x 4

Yvonne Blair Designs
Words for Art

2 comments: