Tuesday, January 20, 2015

To The Moon by Jen Matott


I have a quick and easy page to share with you today!  I created this page on New Year's Eve night before the night was over.  I had some scraps and confetti on my table and used what was in reach!
This photo of my boys is a favorite and I love them to the moon and back!

 I started with a star stencil and some watered down Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Textural Accents Gesso.  I used a small spray bottle in the Gelato Mist Maker set and watered down the Gesso to spritz over the stencil.  Once it was dry, I used a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art Grip Pencil in white to scribble some circles.
 I love the textured look of adding beads or other small things to Gel Medium.  I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gel Medium to mix with glass silver beads and applyed thickly to the page. I pressed some UmWowStudio Star Confetti chip into the wet Gel Medium.  This held them just fine!
 Some words to finish my title and the shimmer of the beads and gesso make this page glow!


This page was done in under 40 mins!  I used scraps of paper and ribbon to complete it and it makes me happy!

What could you make with the scraps on your table right now?

Material List:
UmWowStudio Star Confetti Chip
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Textural Accent Gesso 
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gel Medium
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art GRIP Colored Pencil in White
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos Mist Maker set
Glass beads
Tim Holtz Word Stickers
May Arts ribbon
Studio Calico stencil and paper
American Crafts cardstock
staples

1 comment: