Thursday, January 22, 2015

'Adventure-Sanctuary'


 Hello there!
Not sure if everyone is surviving the holidays but the good news for me and most of us worldwide is that school starts next week and I might get my sanity back!  I'm sure many of you might just feel the same way. Today I'm sharing a summer layout of when2 of my children were younger.
 
'Adventure-Sanctuary'
 
 
UmWowStudio Products list:
 

 Background tutorial.
For the background I cut 2 sheets of paper  - the bottom sheet was 2cm bigger.
I then layered/overlapped book sheets, various washi tape and strips of the remainder of paper.
I covered this lightly in gesso -dried and then water brushed Lindy's SG. magicals over gesso.
 
Well I decided that I didn't like it and just had to pull most of the layers gently off and Re add washi tape, more of the base paper, Magicals, Texture paste and inked with the Herringbone mask till I got to this............
I did the same to the fishy confetti to give it a distressed look.
 
Other Products:
7 Dots Studio -Destination Unknown word stickers, Blue Fern Papers, Tim Holtz Washi, Shimmerz texture paste and Prima flowers and gems.
Till next time....G!
 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your background effect! What a great way to use up some of our old scrapbooking papers and make them look new and artsy again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the way you layered all the strips of paper!

    ReplyDelete