Thursday, October 23, 2014

Childhood Memories - A Mixed Media layout

Hello and Happy Thursday!  Tina here today with simple mixed media layout, created with 1 stencil and several UWS chipboard pieces.


I began by prepping my 12x12 chipboard background with a coat of gesso.  After the gesso was dry, I added texture with the Diamond Confetti mask and modeling paste.


The next step is to add color.  I began with watered down, PaperArtsty Fresco paint, layering several contrasting shades to blend.  For more glimmer and glitz, I spritzed several shades of Shimmerz sprays to the background.



I wanted to 'dress up' my chip, so I painted each piece (Leaf Stems(2),  & Flourishes One) with PaperArtsy Fresco paint, then heat embossed them for subtle texture.


I wanted to continue the floral theme, so I stamped (and heat embossed) a floral design on the top of my page, then painted the petals/leaves with more PaperArtsy Fresco paint.


To finish off this simple layout, I added a piece of Flair (Set Sail Flair) and a title (Alpha Two). Done!


I hope you enjoyed this short how-to!  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. I love the texture on the layout and also on the chipboard, such pretty colors in this layout.
    Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete