Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Blam, Zap, Boom!!! A Layout with Jen Matott

When my youngest was still a little one in a crib, I had a baby monitor that I kept in the kitchen so I could hear when he was up from his nap.  My other, then 6 year old, son loved Marvel figurines and I'd find them all over the house in odd locations.  The funniest was this one seemingly muscular little dude trying to lift the monitor (or so it looks like)... It made me giggle one afternoon and I had to grab my camera!
 The Comic Book Speech Bubbles Chip is perfect for little boy pages!  I adore them for their Pop Art appeal and super hero flavor!  I had to spice them up with some metallic embossing powders from WOW Embossing powders. 
 Then, I added some colored paper shapes behind them and popped up a few of them!  This is a little bit different than my usual style but these shapes inspired me to create a more Pop Art style page... I was thinking along the lines of Roy Lichtenstein like this artwork:
http://nikkiikkin.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/il_fullxfull-230754249.jpg
Lichtenstein was a Pop Artist in the 1960's and his work mimicked the Comic books or ads of the time.  His signature BenDay dots and bold primary colors had the art world in an uproar!  I love the bold, retro look to the work!

  I also used the Star confetti mask to add a few stars with gold texture paste. I just used a small palette knife to get some of the stars .   I stitched on the lines to give a little more color.

 If you have little boys or a love of Comic Book icons, these chipboard accents are for you!  Thanks for letting me share this page with you today!

Supplies:
UmWow Studio Comic Book Speech Bubbles Chip
UmWow Studio Star confetti mask
Studio Calico paper and tag accent
American Crafts cardstock
DMC floss
Epoxy dots
Gold Texture Paste (not sure of brand)
 WOW Embossing Powders in Gold Metallic, Black Glint, Metallic Silver Sparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment