Thursday, April 24, 2014

Rainy Days by Manda

Hi there, it's Manda here today to share a new layout with you.

I wanted to scrap this instagram photo I took of the rain on the windscreen of the car because I loved the way it looked. I wanted the page to represent a rainy day so I started out with a sheet of light blue paper that had a watercolour effect and then I used the Line of Chevrons Mask and some modelling paste to create some texture. Next I took some grey acrylic paint and added some silver Pearl Ex.
Once my background was complete I used various papers and layered under the photo. I wanted to keep the grey theme so I took some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Tinsel and painted onto my large Make Note Frame, because of the "shine" in the ink it created a metallic look to the chipboard.
I also did the same to a piece of the Layered Banners and Layered Arrows. I love the Life Is Good Flair but I felt it needed something else so I took a stamp and some Staz On ink and stamped it. I really like how it turned out and it was easy to get a good image because of the size and flatness of the flair. 
Finally I added some more stamping and embellishments as well as my title. My title was a bit too long to put across the bottom of the frame so instead of the word love I used a piece from my Heart Confetti and coloured it with black ink.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Um Wow Studio Supplies:

4 comments: