Sunday, October 20, 2013

Marching to the beat of your own drum {12x12 by Kylie}

Hi folks, it's Kylie here with my layout featuring both UmWowStudio and 7 dots studio

I've wanted to scrap this picture ever since I saw it. We had a family photo shoot at the local nature center and this is the only picture I ordered. It's hard to get my daughter to stay still and pose for long enough to get anything decent. Anyway, I absolutely loved the 7 dots studio Messy Head and Love Is In The Air paper collections and utilized them both for this 12x12 layout. I paired the paper with some UmWowStudio Star Confetti Chipboard (my absolute favourite UmWowStudio confetti, which I have run out of - again!), some Layered Hearts, Flair (both Vintage Flag and The 2 Of Us) and finally used one of DeeDee's amazing masks.
I used the Star Confetti Mask and painted stars in both the lower left and upper right hand side of the layout. I then adhered some of the Star Confetti Chipboard within the painted stars and across the middle of the layout to lead the eye through it.
My title is pink and I added the pink ribbon to create some contrast with the blues and browns and finally, I painted some Layered Heart Chipboard pink and added that to the layout too. This isn't a colour combination I would usually utilize, but I like how it works with the amazing 7 dots studio papers.


Supplies used: UmWowStudio Star Confetti and Layered Heart Chipboard, Vintage Flag and The 2 Of Us Flair and Star Confetti mask. 7 dots studio Love Is In the Air and Messy Head papers (both 12x12 and 6x6 papers). Cosmo Cricket tiny type letters, Making Memories paints, ribbon from stash.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful, relaxing Sunday! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: