Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Inspiration"

Today I'm sharing my very first Art Journal page with you. 




I'll share more details about this guy on the VLVS! Blog tomorrow - but really I am so loving this art journaling business!!! 

Anyways.. products used: Distress stain in broken china, distress ink in mustard seed, broken china, vintage photo, pine needles and tumbled glass. Spellbinders die, corrugated cardboard, Viva Las VegaStamps! stamp, memento ink, baker's twine, floral beads, zig glue, water, a heat gun and a Clairefontaine journal. 


I'll be linking this up at Simon Says Stamp and Show as it's "a bit of brown" :)

2 comments:

  1. I really like this!!! It's a beautiful art journal page...so unlike art journal pages I usually see with lots of color, bold stamping or doodling. This is soft, simple and very "calming". I love your idea of circling the twine and adding the delicate buttons as if to make your little fluttering bird's nest. If that wasn't your intention, that is what I am seeing in this! :) Lovely. I also love your die cut corrugated branch. Very cool texture and it looks amazing against the white background. Those little splatters of color are absolutely perfect as a background. And your sweet little bird really is the perfect added touch. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful (and your first) art journal page with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow this is totally adorable love the texture on your Journal Pages..simple but adorable...I love this...

    I am also joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, my Creation is number 181, would you mind to see it on my blog?Many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete