Saturday, April 14, 2012

Good Evening/Morning!

Hope all is well in your crafty space :) Today I'm showing off my latest May Arts challenge submission (Which I'm also using to throw my name into the Hobby Baby design team call hat featured HERE on their blog!) 

We were sent the cutest set of brightly colored ribbons to work with, and I had INTENDED to make more of a topiary piece... however one of Bethney's Ribbonistas beat me to it.. so I went with this instead :)


It's the cutest little sit on my mantle home decor piece ever! The nest is actually a large sponge that I carved out in the shape of a nest. I covered it with moss from the dollar store.. and got some eggs on sale after Easter from Michaels. I cut my ribbon into small pieces and wrapped it around my three eggs. Tied a couple bows, too! The banner is hanging from a couple of spare pencils with wooden beads.. and is made from KnCo paper which has been distressed on the edges. The HOME is from a set of smooth chipboard thickers. They came that gorgeous green color :) 


Can't wait to see what HobbyBaby has to offer in it's upcoming remodel!

2 comments:

  1. cute project, thanks for you submission to the hobby baby design team..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet DeeDee! I love it!

    ReplyDelete